Skip to content

Loading Training Courses

« All Training Courses

Sharon Wheeler’s Scarwork

February 6 @ 10:00 am February 9 @ 4:00 pm

Free

Tiger Boe Institute, Nottingham

7 Clarendon Street
Nottingham, NG1 5HS United Kingdom
+ Google Map
0115 837 8080
https://www.tigerboe.com/contact/

A well-designed, four-day course that will change how you see scars and the body.  The length of the course allows you the time and space to develop your confidence and skills by practising not only on fellow students but on members of the public; this means that you will be able to work on scars immediately on return to your clinic.  Taught by Jan Trewartha, Sharon’s first accredited UK ScarWork tutor, qualified in 2015.

Times: 10.00 – 18.00 days 1-3; 10.00 – 16.00 day 4.

This work is the brainchild of Sharon Wheeler.

Working with scar tissue is like speaking another language in the world of fascia. ScarWork is light, relaxed and effective on most scars. It is easy to learn and a pleasure to do. There are over 20 techniques that are designed to smooth out uneven lumps, bumps, ridges, strings, gaps, and fill holes painlessly.  Re-establishing the resilient 3D quality of the fascial web has been known to create better functioning. With the restrictions and adhesions of a scar resolved, impaired nerves can regain sensation and internal organ functions can normalize. Not to mention that the cosmetic effect can be remarkable. 

This is a 4-day, 26 hour (actual training hours) course.    This comprehensive training includes: understanding the emotional effects of scars, scar palpation, the global effect of scars on the fascia, the need for full body integration after treatment with techniques, contraindications and red flags. You are taught 20 techniques but the primary focus is on training you to understand ScarWork as an approach; this gives you a broader comprehension when working with unusual scars.  You are encouraged to volunteer your own scars for work to experience this first hand during the first two days and we will have a variety of scar models (members of the public) joining us for practice on days three and four. We aim to bring you to a level of confidence, by the end of the course, that will enable you to start working with scars immediately in your practice.

Insurance: This course is insurable through Balens, Holistic Insurance, BABTAC, IPTI, Graybrook Insurance Brokers and the FHT subject to your qualifications.

N.B. Most courses run but you are advised not to pre-pay travel/accommodation until you have confirmation that there are sufficient numbers on the course for it to go ahead.

Cancellation policy: Your deposit is your commitment to the course and is non-refundable. If you have paid in full but are unable to attend the course due to exceptional circumstances, you are welcome to transfer your place to someone else as long as they are suitably qualified at a fee of £30. If this is not possible the Principal will look to resolve the situation in a way that is fair to the student and to the school and will if possible transfer you to another course but charge a one-off £30 administration fee. Please note that a minimum of eight students are required for this course to run and if your late withdrawal means the course cannot run, you will be unable to do so out of fairness to the other students. On our side, if for any reason we are forced to cancel, we will offer you a place on another course or refund 100% of all monies paid.

Body in Harmony Training, Unit 131, 24-28 St Leonards Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 3BB
Tel: 01753 867877 Mob: 07724 027 748 www.bodyinharmony.org.uk

Body in Harmony Training is an APNT accredited and BCMA affiliated school, externally moderated by the APNT.

Full Payment Today
£580.00
9 available
20% Now and the remainder in 30 days
20% deposit paid now; remaining 80% debited in 30 days’ time.
£580.00
9 available
8-month Payment Plan
Pay 20% to reserve your course place. The remaining instalments will be taken over 8 months, regardless of whether full payment is completed before the course takes place.
£580.00
9 available
Scroll To Top