ScarWork Practice and Consolidation Day
May 12 @ 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
This day is open to Sharon Wheeler’s ScarWork trained therapists only.
Once your initial ScarWork course is over, you have started a journey. A journey to develop your skill and advance your understanding of how the body responds to this work and how to get the best from the tissue. This can be an exciting journey as your experience grows, but also raise questions.
You may have practised your ScarWork and still feel there are blind spots in your knowledge. Or you may have had little practice so far, either through lack of opportunity or low confidence. Wherever you are in your evolution as a ScarWork therapist, this training day has been set up to help you break through whatever is holding you back, and to give you the know-how to move forward. Let us help you bring it all together and feel able to tackle whatever scars you are asked to work with.
Accredited Sharon Wheeler’s ScarWork teacher Jan Trewartha and Assistant Teacher Carole Caplin guide and support you on this specially designed day.
This day is designed to give you:
- The chance to reconnect with ScarWork in all its aspects, and to identify and overcome any barriers and blind spots you may have, to enable you to move forward.
- A forum for targeted discussion focusing on your questions, confusions and issues within your ScarWork clinical practice.
- A chance to pre-submit questions for answering by the teaching team.
- An understanding of the concept of tension/compression and the consequent importance of rebalancing and integration of the body to finish the treatment.
- A list of common operations and invasive procedures, a description of their aim, and a link to watch our recommended videos; this will give you a more rounded understanding and application of such to specific scars.
- Two full supervised Clinical Practice sessions on members of the public, working with a variety of scars.
- Time with your fellow ScarWork therapists, sharing your experiences within the group.
- An updated ScarWork manual.
- A certificate of attendance for CPD.
Please note that this course does not offer the same agenda as, nor does it replace Sharon Wheeler’s ScarWork Refresher days and no new techniques will be taught.