Loading Training Courses

« All Training Courses

Specialist course – working with pelvic and abdominal scarring

December 1, 2019 @ 10:00 am December 2, 2019 @ 4:30 pm

£290

Waltham St Lawrence, Berkshire

MILLEY ROAD
WALTHAM ST LAWRENCE, BERKSHIRE RG10 0JP United Kingdom
+ Google Map
0118 911 1434
https://www.nevillehall.co.uk/

Times:

Day 1: 10.00 – 18.00
Day 2: 09.30 – 17.00

Specialist training for qualified Sharon Wheeler’s ScarWork therapists.

Attendees must have a working knowledge of, and been practising the first nine ScarWork techniques. If you have been qualified as a manual therapist for less than five years, then you
should have one year’s experience as a ScarWork therapist behind you before attending this course.

2-day intensive covering:

  • Revision of Caesareans, Diep Flaps and Tummy Tucks
  • The use of mesh in surgery. Working with women after mesh removal.
  • Revision of ‘Scraping’, ‘Matching Layers’ and ‘Dropping & Moushing’ within the context of pelvic scarring
  • Clearing the anterior iliac crests/ ASIS
  • Revision of epidural treatment.  How to find the epidural site
  • Repositioning the mons pubis
  • Vaginal ‘column’ lift
  • Working with abdominal torque
  • Integration of the pelvic tissues
  • Direct fascial release to free adhesions.

Not only do we work on pelvic scars but explore how those scars affect the rest of the body, and work with abdominal congestion and upper thoracic tension to free up the front body which is often contracted due to the scarring.

The course combines theory and practical, with opportunity for hands-on practice with members of the public in well-supervised sessions, and is designed to give you the knowledge and confidence to help ‘put women together again’ after injury and surgery.  A pre-learning pack will be part of the course, with some reading and videos to view.

N.B. This course is insurable through Holistic Insurance.

N.B. Most courses run but you are advised not to pre-pay travel/accommodation until you have confirmation that there are sufficient numbers on the course for it to go ahead.

Cancellation policy: Your deposit is your commitment to the course and is non-refundable. If you have paid in full but are unable to attend the course due to exceptional circumstances, you are welcome to transfer your place to someone else as long as they are suitably qualified at a fee of £30. If this is not possible the Principal will look to resolve the situation in a way that is fair to the student and to the school and will if possible transfer you to another course but charge a one-off £30 administration fee. Please note that a minimum of eight students are required for this course to run and if your late withdrawal means the course cannot run, you will be unable to do so out of fairness to the other students. On our side, if for any reason we are forced to cancel, we will offer you a place on another course or refund 100% of all monies paid.

Body in Harmony Training, Unit 131, 24-28 St Leonards Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 3BB
Tel: 01753 867877 Mob: 07724 027 748 www.bodyinharmony.org.uk

Body in Harmony Training is an APNT accredited and BCMA affiliated school, externally moderated by the APNT.

Full Payment Today
£290.00
5 available
20% Now and the remainder in 30 days
20% deposit paid now; remaining 80% debited in 30 days’ time.
£290.00
5 available
8-month Payment Plan
Pay 20% to reserve your course place. The remaining instalments will be taken over 8 months, regardless of whether full payment is completed before the course takes place.
£290.00
5 available